i'm a STUDENT

this is my life

Back to the school, the student where all over the campus, I think they were excited and that they have prepare their outfit well. But us officers still in our school uniform, (the plan was to change clothes before the program start), but there is no time for that. Because the venue was still so silent, we fast track the process of turning on the sound system so that it will sound like a party.

Lot of thanks to the school sound system operator he came to the rescue but he reminded us that the school sound system is unstable. That it might malfunction or shut down as the activity goes on.

But for us it is the remedy of the situation. As I though it all end their, the SR president approached me that the computer for attendance checking was not yet set up. This time with the help of ROTC officers we set it up and thanks to some of my fellow engineering students who volunteered to be in charge of the attendance checking.

YESS!!! The program started smoothly. But still other students wondering and asking me is there still a disco. As they have seen there is no disco light in the center. I was also wondering, if there would be. Because we don’t have disco lights and dance music and the two officers have not yet returned or contacted us.

Fortunately this time a minute later as the program continue two guys entered the center of the venue carrying the disco lights. Seeing them I was finally relieved and the disco party would go on.

Thanks GOD I could go home and change outfit. But as I returned I was deeply saddened to find out that one of the group from my department were not given a chance to perform as they have prepared a lot. Maybe the fault and the blame would be pointed to me. As I was thinking that it was clear in our meeting that my department has two presentations. But I would humbly accept the blame. As I could not blame others maybe because they were also pressure to remember the sequence. I take the responsibility to explain that to the group. And I promise them to let them perform in the next activity so that what they have practice would not go to waste.

And the party goes on, the band performance was good, I think the students enjoyed it. It was all set up and going good. The band ended but still the disco party continues.
Unfortunately again and again, minutes to the end of the program. The school sound system finally bugs down and automatically shut itself off. I guess it all end up there and the party is over. We have to go home now. But as a leading officer the program would not end there. We are obliged to check if everything is ok. We have to rearrange back the venue. Return everything to its place. And at least a little clean up.

In the gate waiting for a ride going home, in my mind I commend the security; it was very peaceful during and even after the activity. A squad of military was there even before the venue was set up. ROTC officers were all prepared. The three guards were all strict performing their duties. The Policemen was also there and the tanods securing the vicinity outside the school. I have seen the PNP patrolling even after the program. I guess the early dispatch of letters to their office have benefitted us a lot. Over all security was great. Thanks a lot to Sir Lopez for his security recommendation. But also I take pride in saying I was part of that, as I was in charge in one way or another.

I was here at home now and it was minutes to 1 o’clock AM. Writing this because this was the first time I experience that and for you not to experience these things. I was thinking it over and over as I could say it was a successful activity in some way. Hope next time we do it better that we give time on preparation and to focus on the critical part of the activity.
May you have learned from this experience.
Yes and thank GOD for the strength.



Lesson learned; Pressure is breathtaking.

index page

0 comments:

Post a Comment