i'm a STUDENT

this is my life

As far as I could remember JUNE 1, 2009 was the designated start of the school for the S. Y. 2009 – 2010. But only for the Lower years, colleges where not included as the college was set to start class JUNE 8, 2009. But again due to the H1N1 virus case that have occur in some colleges and universities. CHED have ordered the start of college class be moved to JUNE 15, 2009.

AND IT ALL STARTED THERE . . . . the story of a student leader in the last year of his stay in school.

Maybe the moved of the start of the class was favorable to many that include me. But it was maybe not favorable to the school activities that have been set earlier. But we have to follow the order to comply.

It was the first day of my last school year I entered the gate of the school as a usual student but this time wearing my faded uniform. As I do not do usually during first days of school, maybe I thought that I was elected as a leader so I have to be a leader.

As I pass by the lobby of the library going to our department I have seen old friends sitting in front of the library where we usually wait for our class. As usual noisy as we my classmates do. Along the way to our room I met some other old and new friends. Some of my old friends call me “gov.” but the new one calls me “manong”. Well that’s still okay.

And the class goes on, classmates, teachers greeted each other. Some asking kamusta by?(how are you?), buhi kaw pa gale? (you still alive?). Other would comment/say bah gadara2x kaw run notebook ha (wow you’re now bringing notebook huh), nagbuot kw run (you’re kind now), buh pirti nga itsura ba (you look terrible), kag duro pa nga dayaw kag buyayaw (and so many other positive and negative comments). And it will usually consume the class hour and would create much noise.

After much conversation with classmates and friends I visited the Student Republic(SR) Office. As I am expecting the President told me” we will have a meeting tomorrow (May meeting ta sarum-an), Wow that was it as I was thinking of it.

After all of that, the day ended peacefully.

The next day was just like the first day but with the addition of the meeting. That is for the preparation of the upcoming activities. With focus on the first activity of the SR, the election of lacking local SR officers and election of homeroom officers. The day was set and is not transferable as it may affect other activities.
And again the day ended nice.

On the third day it was again like the other days. But in this day I meet a new friend that eventually became the important part of the SR.
It happen like this as I was posting an announcement, my socio- cultural coordinator approach me. And as we talk a while this little chubby guy came out from nowhere and ask me are you the engineering department governor? I said yes. Then the jokes and the conversation started there and maybe the friendship.

Again it was a nice day. . .

Fast forward to the next week, well Monday was the deadline of the coc’s for the candidate running in different positions. It was all set here.
Forward again to the Election Day, Wednesday

As we all know most of the students don’t cooperate well, even if the election is for them to have some one to guide them in any activities. Officers like us have the hard time convincing them to take a position as an officer. As they will usually say tamad takun magmeeting2x( I don’t want meetings).

Well, being a leader is not just for a meeting I guess it’s for your self to let out your hidden skills or to develop your personality. As we may need these skills outside our school because not everything is taught in school. (skill is something learn).

It was my first time to conduct election alone with those fresh minds. As they may question you anything but all goes well. Thanks to those cooperative 1st year students, they made the election fruitful. (Bisan gasinabad bla basta pwede masaway). This 1st year students is much more controllable than those some higher years.

THANK GOD I FINISHED THE DAY WELL SATISFIED about WHAT I HAVE DONE..

1 comments:

well, dat's how ironic our life is..

Post a Comment